I’ve noticed a few people are getting confused about how to use the filters on the home page, so I thought I’d do a really quick little blog post to clear up any worries.
We have five filters at the moment, allowing you to drill down into a category you are particularly interested in. The current filters are:
- Creative Play – Games where the player can create digital or real world items using their imagination.
- Puzzles – Games with puzzles!
- Adventure Story – Games where the player follows a narrative story
- Big Choices – Games where the player is called upon to make important, impactful or moral choices that affect other characters or characters in their care.
- Good For Under -5s – Game and game-apps, often with an educational slant, for little ones.
To select a group, click/tap the tab you are interested in. Only games in that group will be shown. So you can remember which filter button you’ve selected, it will go grey.
To deselect it, click/tap it again, and *pop!* just like that, all the games are back, unfiltered.
Some games are in multiple categories at once – Dragon Age Inquisition, for example, has a complex story which involves the player making a number of important moral choices and solving tricky mechanical puzzles. So too does The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim.
We don’t currently have any games which involve making big important moral choices about whether characters live or die that are also suitable for under fives (and aren’t likely to any time soon!) so selecting those two options together returns a blank result. It looks all sad and empty. 😦
But we have looooooads of games suitable for your littlest babies that don’t involve questions of genocide, so deselect that Big Choices button by clicking/tapping its filter. Now only games Good For Under -5s are now being shown, because that’s the button selected in grey.
Deselect that tab, again by clicking/tapping on it’s filter, and you are back to seeing all the games.
Taa-daa! I hope this quick guide helps you to navigate GameHub better. Please, let us know your feedback and suggestions using the comment box below.